Who are you guys?
Hey 👋 We're Minimum Studio. We build products for people that like to move fast. For the past 18 months, we've been helping great entrepreneurs from all over the world build their companies, by building beautiful products in an extremely short amount of time. We do it by using visual development tools like Bubble, Adalo, Webflow and Softr, combined with thoughtful design and a little bit of custom code here and there. This is what our past customers think of that.
But that's enough about us. Let's talk about you for a minute.
As a Visual Developer, you'll be working on 3 areas of the business:
Building solid products in Bubble.
You'll work with a designer on projects for the entrepreneurs we work with. The team will help you scope out the project and design all of the features, so you don't have to worry about scoping issues with the client. Together, we'll define which parts of the platform are no-code and which parts need some custom code, so you can rely on us to build plugins for you. Your focus is building something that looks good, works well and helps our clients successfully validate what they're doing.
We're big fans of doing sanity checks to make sure we're using the tools properly - in practice, this means you have a say in how the products we build are designed. If we've designed something that is a bad fit for your no-code platform, or simply not the best solution, you're free to change things up and propose different solutions. In the end, what's important is that we find the most efficient way to build something that feels good.
Sharing your knowledge and building our UI kit.
At the end of every project, we'd love for you to extract your learnings and share some unique things that happened during the project - this can be either a tutorial for the content team, or building some custom components for our shared UI kits.
A day in the life
Things you could be working on for us:
- 👩🔬 Reviewing technical scope with Youssef on how to build a new project
- 🖌 Translating feature designs to beautiful Bubble apps
- 👋 Checking in with a client weekly to discuss progress and priorities.
- 🔨 Building prototypes to test the right toolkit and approach for a project.
- 🧠 Using what you've learned in a project to record a tutorial for Luc.
- 🧩 Work on our UI kits to make your future projects more efficient.
- 🥂 Celebrating the launch of a great product!
But most importantly:
- ⚙️ Help us iterate on the above process to make it more enjoyable for everyone involved.
This is a project-based job. Most of our build phases are around 5-9 weeks, assuming 4 days/week of work. A typical project would look like this:
Our intention is to keep the team small for a while, so if you're a member of our team, our intention is to fill up your schedule as much as possible, unless you tell us otherwise. This is why there's a cooldown period, to take overtime into account, give you some space to breathe & reflect.
We'll pay you $2250 per week. That means, if you're running a project that spans 6 weeks, you'll get $13500. We'll pay you 50% upfront, and 50% on completion. You can increase that in two ways:
- If the project is completed on time, you'll get a bonus of 8%. Other people within the company have the same incentive, so you're not the only one making sure that happens.
- During the cooldown period, you can add another 8% to your bonus by extracting something you've learned from the project; either by creating a tutorial for the content team, or by adding new components to one our UI kits.
As an example, by doing both in a 6-week project, you'd make an extra $2160.
All of this is based on a percentage of our fee, so when we raise prices in the future, you'll benefit as well.
Assuming you're available all year and you'll take some time off now and then, your income could look a bit like this: Six 6-week projects
36 weeks of build time
12 weeks of cooldowns
4 weeks off = $81000 per year
+- $93000 per year including all bonuses, leaving 16 weeks to mess around, learn new things or go outside.
Who are you?
We'd love to have you on board if you're:
- Entrepreneurial - you understand the feeling of building and launching new things.
- Extremely good at building products in Bubble - Adalo & Webflow are a plus, but this is essential.
- Passionate about solving users' problems - You get a lot of energy from building solutions that truly work to help people.
- Passionate about well-designed products - You're a geek when it comes to new tools, products that look great and creative solutions.
- Flexible - Startups are messy, so helping founders build products can be messy as well. You understand that people change their minds & don't mind being flexible.
- Resourceful - You can do a lot with very little & you like taping things together.
- Collaborative - You're comfortable talking to clients and helping people understand your perspective. You can communicate your opinion well, but don't mind compromising when it's necessary.
- Charming - You're able to inspire people through a video call & people like to talk to you.
- Thoughtful - You can easily reflect and talk about ideas that are still conceptual.
- Kind - Self-explanatory, but we think it's a lot easier to work with people who are nice people in general.
Why join us?
- You can design your own environment, and practically your own job - you'll be team member #5.
- When we grow, you grow - we'll trust you to have as much responsibility as you want.
- Work from anywhere you want, including a sunny retreat when things open up.
- We're a mindful company with friendly faces - you won't work with or for any bullies.
- We truly believe no one is doing what we're doing with visual development - we'll be figuring out the future of building products together.
- We're having a lot of fun working with our clients - somehow we've been able to select some really friendly and inspiring people.
- There's a ton of ideas on the horizon, so if you want, you can be more involved over time when building out the studio.
- Youssef's memes are legendary.
Get in touch.
If you're interested, shoot us a message at email@example.com with:
- A story about a project you've really enjoyed in the past
- Some example Bubble apps that you've built.
- What people say you're good at & a summary of what you've done so far
- A Loom explaining why you're perfect for this role.
Once that's in, we'll invite you to a little challenge to test your skills.
Please don't send over a resume, CV, a list of impressive university degrees or an overly formal letter - those will be ignored. Just be yourself & share some actual work!